Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Not Black...But Still Blue

Thank you everyone for all of your love and support.  One of the hardest things yesterday was not being able to turn to the people closest to us for comfort.  All of your messages of support mean a lot to us.  After a day of mourning our BFN and a good night's sleep (and maybe a glass...or two...of wine) we are not feeling so black, but we're still feeling pretty blue.  Life goes on and we will try again.  We're considering our options.

The negative result was just the icing on the cake of a lousy holiday weekend.  On Sunday morning Mike hit a deer with his truck.  He's OK, but may have totaled the truck.  Then later that day, he broke his toe getting into the shower.  On top of all that, two of our parents are having some pretty serious medical issues.  Then we got the news of our pregnancy test.  All in all, a very crappy Memorial Day weekend for us. 

I'm having a really hard time staying positive.  This was supposed to be the thing that goes our way, the thing that doesn't end up being a struggle for us.  We are so overdue for a good thing in our lives, I was certain that this would be it.  So I guess we take it one step, and one day at a time...hope the truck is not totaled, hope the parents get and stay healthy, and try again to make a baby...or two.

4 comments:

  1. It always seems to not just rain but pour doesnt it? I hope Mike's foot and car recovers and most importantly that you will be able to try again soon. I think you are determined person so it will happen in time. Take good care of yourselves. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take time out for yourselves through this tough time and remember to vent to your fellow bloggers. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear your news, my heart is heavy for you. I hope you're gradually feeling stronger SR x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish you didn't have this added pain. I'm so terribly sorry Maggie. Wish I could give you a big hug, take care of YOU.

    ReplyDelete